Enviro-Stewards is a certified B Corporation whose mission is to cultivate resilient businesses and improve lives in extraordinary ways.
As part of our B Corp recertification process, we must publish an Annual Public Benefit Statement. The document enclosed in this link presents our 2016 Statement.
Highlights from the statement include:
- To date, Enviro-Stewards projects are estimated to have saved facilities $45 million with an average payback period of 0.9 years and saved:
- 32 million m3 of natural gas,
- 42 million kWh of electricity,
- 5.5 million m3 of water,
- 60 thousand tonnes of GHG emissions, and avoided
- 48.5 thousand tonnes of waste
Safe Water Project:
- To date, the Safe Water Project founded by Enviro-Stewards is estimated to have:
- Installed 747 biofilters
- Purified 42 million litres of water
- Saved 3.7 thousand trees
- Avoided 7.3 thousand tonnes of GHG emissions
- Avoided 1,700 cases of typhoid
- Created 17 jobs in developing countries, and
- Injected $20,000 into the local economy
- The civil war in South Sudan has reached a critical level which has necessitated each of the projects in that country to cease operations. However, two of the managers have been successfully relocated to Northern Uganda, where they are establishing new Safe Water Projects to provide safe water and meaningful employment to the South Sudanese refugees there as well as the local Ugandan population.
If you would like to learn more about B Corporations or how your company could become one, please visit www.bcorporation.net.